Cabildo de Buenos Aires
The Cabildo building of Buenos Aires, as we know it today, is from 1940; after being declared National Historic Monument in 1933. The first cabildo was precariously built in 1610. Between 1725 and 1786, under the direction of the Jesuit Giovanni Bianchi, a two floors building, with a balcony and a tower, including a Capitulary room, a chapel, judges and notaries offices, and cells for prisoners. With the new urban design, the Cabildo of Buenos Aires, lost six arches, of its eleven original ones (three from each side,for the opening of two avenues, Diagonal Norte and Diagonal Sur).